Dr. Apostolos Karalexis
Dermatologist - Venereologist
Dermatologist-Venereologist Apostolos Karalexis was trained at the University of Thessaloniki and specifically in Military Medicine where he successfully completed his studies. Then he was trained at the “Andreas Syggros” Hospital in the specialty of Dermatology-Venereology. After serving for two years at the Naval Hospital of Athens, he began his training in Dermatology, first in Greece at Syggros Hospital and then in the USA at Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana where he trained in Dermatology and Dermatology.
He is the former Director of the Dermatology Clinic at the Naval Hospital of Athens, who takes an active part in conferences in Greece and abroad as a speaker and as a delegate.
There is more than 20 years of experience in the field of Dermatology.
During his postgraduate studies in the United States, he was honored to be trained by renowned physicians, such as Dr. William Coleman, Editor-in-Chief of Dermatologic Surgery and Professor at Tulane University; Clinical Professor Dr. John Yarborough;
He regularly participates in conferences and uses the most modern method of hair transplantation, Power FUE, which is performed without incision and without surgery, at an affordable price.
Publications and Lectures of Dr. Karalexis
- Karalexis A. , Hair growth using Low Level Laser Therapy. Virtual Presentations of the Hellenic Society Of Dermatology Venereology about Applications of Lasers in Dermatology, October 2021
- Karalexis A., The use of Hair Transplantation in the restoration of skin diseases other than alopecia. Lecture. Virtual Congress of Hellenic Society of Dermatologic Surgery, 13-14 Febr 2021
- Karalexis A., Cosmetic medicine and medical tourism. Lecture. International Conference about Health Tourism. Virtual, 14-15 Dec 2020
- Karalexis A., The right choice of patients. Lecture. Panhellenic Congress of Dermatologic Surgery. Athens, 16-19 Jan 2019
- Karalexis A., Hair Transplantation on eyebrows and eyelashes. Lecture. 56 annual meeting of the Hellenic Society Dermatologic Surgery, 9-10 April 2016
- Karalexis A., Surgical treatment of androgenetic alopecia-Complications. Lecture. Congress of the diseases of the skin , Athens 5-7 Sept, 2014
- Karalexis A., Hair Transplantation-What s news. Lecture . 9th World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology(Athens, Greece June 27-30, 2013
- Karalexis A., Papathanasi K., Samplidou E., Alopecia and Hair Transplantation. Hellenic Dermato – Venereological association (Athens 4-10-2008). Lecture
- Karalexis A., Papathanasi K., Samplidou E., Dermabrasion in our practice. Hellenic Dermato – Venereological association (Athens 24-09-2005). Lecture
- Karalexis A., Papathanasi K., Tumescent anesthesia in Dermatologic Surgery. Publised in the journal of the Hellenic Society of Dermatological Surgery, Vol 2, No 2, April-May-June 2005, pg154-158
- Rigopoulos D, Katsambas A, Karalexis A, Papatheodorou G, Rokkas T. No increased prevalence of Helicobacter pylori in patients with alopecia areata. Published in the Jοurnal of the American Academy Dermatology, 2002 Jan ; 46(1):141
- Gourgiotou K., Papathanasi K., Karalexis A., Katsambas A.
Subcorneal pustular dermatosis and thyroid disease. A coexistence or an association ? Published in the journal of the Hellenic Dermato – Venereologival Review (Jul – Sept 2000, Vol 11, No. 3)
- Gourgiotou K., Sideri V., Georgala S., Karalexis A., Katsambas A. Haemochromatosis and localized scleroderma. A coexistence or an association ? Announcement. 7th National Dermato – Venereological Congress (3 – 6 June 1999, Athens
- Paparizos V., Papastamopoulos V., Skilaki M., Karalexis A., Chatzi-vasiliou M., Stavrianeas V., Atypical skin lesions of Varicella zoster virus in HIV (+) patients. 2th National AIDS Congress (April 22 – 29 Athens 1999). Announcement
- Gourgiotou K., Karalexis A., Koumantaki E., Rallis, Vareltzidis A. IgA Linear dermatosis in Adults Published in the journal of the Hellenic Dermato – Venereological Review (Jan 1998, Vol 9, No. 1 – 4
- Kaloterakis A., Rallis E., Filliotou A., Kittou, Karalexis A., Stavrianeas A., Granoulomatous annular lessions in a parient with Crohn disease. Published in the journal of the Hellenic Dermato- Venereological Review (Jan 1997, Volume 8 No. 1 – 4
- Gourgiotou K., Karalexis A., Rizou A., Vareltzidis Lupus Vulgaris : Is it coming back ? Hellenic Dermato – Venereological association (Athens 13 – 12 – 1997). Announcement
- Stavrianeas N., Rallis E., Papanicolaou A., Paparizos V., Karalexis Α. Vareltzidis A. Incidence of Herpesviruses infections in HIV (+) Patients. Poster in the 6th Congress of the European Academy of Dematology and Veneorology Sept 11 – 15, 1997 Dublin Irelandd
- Gourgiotou K., Karalexis A., Koumantaki E., Vareltzidis A., “Ig A linear dermatoses of Adults with intensive attact on oral moucosa. Annual meeting of Hellenic Dermato – Venereological association”. Athens 31/5/1997. Announcement