How is currently medical tourism contributing to the Greek economy considering the rapidly growing of visitors for hair transplantation in Greece?
Monica and Jerry Becht from Indiana, USA, have chosen Greece for medical tourism. After the couple’s IVF(In Vitro Fertilization) treatment, Jerry underwent a hair transplant.
“The choice of Derma Hair Clinic, and skin surgeon Dr. Karalexis, had already been taken from the United States when a friend of mine underwent a successful hair transplant by Dr. Karalexis in San Francisco before a few years. In this way, we combined a recreational trip with medical therapy”.
At present, the couple is in Santorini.
Dr. Karalexis is specialized in surgical and medical treatments for hair loss. He has a tremendous clinical experience in Dermatology for more than 20 years. He serves as Director of Dermatology at the Navy Athens Hospital in Greece. He received his degree from the medical school of Thessaloniki. Moreover, he continued his studies at the University of Athens. In 2001 he was trained in the field of Dermatology Surgery at “Andreas Syngrou Hospital” and a little later at Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. He is the Scientific Director of Derma Hair Clinic in Athens. His clinic and himself are respected in the medical community for both their technical skills and their surgical artistry. Furthermore, he is a national and international lecturer for hair transplantation in Greece as week as in other countries.
1. Dr. Karalexis has tremendous experience in hair transplantation for more than 20 years.
2. He is the only responsible doctor who performs the procedure in our clinic.
3. He performs PRP at the same time aiming for more successful results.
4. Hair transplantation is a process with almost no pain. However, we use local anesthesia to prevent patients from experiencing pain.
5. We provide a follow-up for a few weeks after the procedure.
6. Dr. Karalexis is a member of the International Hair Removal Surgery Society
7. Our clinic provides a sense of comfort in order to receive the best physical results.
We always give the best for our patients and create friendship and trust.